The Effective Coaching Manager
The Effective Coaching Manager
Leave the theory behind and acquire the tangible tools and techniques that will help you to become a more effective coaching manager.
Socius has teamed up with Westwood Coaching to offer a one-day workshop for managers who want to develop their coaching ability. A coaching style in management has proven benefits including:
- expanding your management style
- supporting your staff to develop new skills and learn on the job
- empowering people to make good decisions for themselves
- developing deeper and more trusting relationships with your team
- delegating more while remaining supportive and responsible
The workshop is all about growing managerial capability and not simply “training”. Realise the benefits of becoming a more effective coaching manager whilst improving your own work skills too.
Each full day workshop will be delivered by experienced Executive Coaches Flo van Diemen van Thor and Peter Duffell. Get up close and personal with some highly effective coaching tools that have the power to transform your practice as a line manager.
What we will cover:
- What exactly is coaching?
- How can line managers and reports benefit from a coaching approach?
- How does a coaching approach fit in with your managerial style(s)?
- Effective coaching tools, techniques and approaches
- Hands-on practice using real situations
This workshop leaves the theory behind and will help you to acquire tangible tools and techniques for use in real life. It enables you to try out different approaches creating an opportunity for deep and embedded learning with the support of skilled and experienced coaches and your peers.
A follow-up consultation within three months of the workshop further helps you to embed and consolidate your newly acquired skills in your daily practice.
If your aim is to enrich your management style by learning how and when to take a coaching approach to managing your team, this is the workshop for you
Who should attend?
Line managers looking to expand their repertoire of management styles and who want a solid introduction to coaching approaches, tools and techniques which they can confidently use the very next day.
The workshop is appropriate for line managers from all sectors whether they work in a commercial, charity, public sector or education setting. Line managers of teams large and small; experienced and newly appointed line managers - all will find benefit in attending this workshop.
What will you get from the workshop?
- Ways of improving the performance of work teams/individuals and developing talent through taking a coaching approach
- Powerful listening/questioning techniques to enable you to better tackle key issues
- Tools and techniques to be effective at having ‘necessary conversations’
- A clear understanding of how and when a coaching approach is appropriate - and when it isn't
- A Certificate of Attendance for 7 hours CPD
- A 60-minute follow-up call with Flo or Peter within 3 months after the workshop to top-up your knowledge and confidence
In short, this workshop will help you become a more effective coaching manager.
Meet your facilitators
Flo van Diemen van Thor
As an independent coach and organisational development consultant Flo designs and delivers leadership development programmes and often delivers coaching and coaching evaluation on these. She is an experienced workshop facilitator.
Flo also develops strategies and interventions for large-scale organisational change programmes and specialises in change communications. She has an international practice with clients in further and higher education, the public sector, emergency services. She works with managers and leaders from first-timers to seasoned (and occasionally bored) CEOs.
An experienced coaching professional, Peter has over 30 years’ experience of working in commerce. He has worked at senior levels for global banking organisations including HSBC and UBS, as well as smaller and venture capital backed businesses.
Peter has an extensive practical background in coaching and mentoring individuals and teams through transformational change. Peter is currently working with leaders in a number of large public and private sector organisations.
Peter and Flo gained their Masters degrees in Coaching and Mentoring Practice at Oxford Brookes University.
Interested in this workshop for your managers?
We frequently deliver in-house and tailor our workshops to the specific requirements of our clients. Feel free to get in touch to ask any questions you might have and discuss your needs in confidence.
Subscribe to find out about upcoming dates
A few times a year we run a public workshop for people to book themselves on. We currently have no dates planned. If you would like to be the first to know about new dates, please use the contact form at the bottom of the screen to subscribe.